By Ashley Closson, Chattanooga, Tenn., —
• Bradley Bell, assistant director of New Student and Family Programs, said it is time to hire new orientation leaders.
• Ericka Hill, tutor coordinator for the Center for Advisement and Student Success, said they are working on a new tutoring department that will cater to students who need tutoring in the evenings.
As of right now, it will only take place Tuesdays and Wednesdays 6-9 p.m. Walk-ins will be welcome and the department will open January 2015. Hill said if it gets a good response after starting up, more days and times will be added.
• Theresa Liedtka, dean of the library, said the new library is scheduled to be open the first day of classes next semester. The new library will have five levels, 40 group study rooms, a floor for high-end computing and many other resources. Liedtka also said any academic help departments outside of classes will be housed inside the new building.
• SGA President Robert Fisher said there will be a resolution to reveal course evaluation data to students. Anyone with a Mocs Card will be able to access the data and he said this will hopefully help students with picking classes.
• Campus Observations Chairwoman Adrienne Welch said there will be a green survey going around soon.
• Social Issues, Equity and Diversity Chairwoman Kelsey Weaver said there will be a workshop for women hosted by Alpha Delta Pi on Nov. 2, 4:45-6:45 p.m., on “mean girls.”
Votes on Oct.1
• “Yes” to supporting the resolution for more gender-neutral bathrooms on campus.